Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Slow COUNT

I answer here so each one can help you.

Cannot understand what you mean....index is numbered? Are you talking about "autoincrement" as called in mysql? use sequences please

Best regards

Rodrigo

Poul Møller Hansen wrote:

Rodrigo Gonzalez wrote:

Poul,

2 things....first, why do you think it will have an impact on inserts?

And the second one....use InnoDb tables in MySQL, and you will have the same than with PostgreSQL, it's because of MVCC

Best regards

Rodrigo

If the index is numbered, I assume or rather guessing that the indexes must be renumbered at inserts.

I was not trying to favourite MySQL to PostgreSQL, I prefer PostgreSQL to MySQL at any time, I was just wondering why it was much faster in MySQL and how I can achieve the same result in PostgreSQL ?

Regards, Poul