Search Postgresql Archives

Re: problem with psql?

[Reordering top-posted reply]

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 01:24:37PM -0600, Timothy Perrigo wrote:
We just ran an OS update on an Xserve which runs our PostgreSQL
server, and now it seems that pg_ctl status doesn't report the
correct status.

<snip />

We are able to connect to the instance (using psql), but cannot shut
down or restart the instance using pg_ctl (it just reports that the
server is not running).  We are running PostgreSQL version 8.0.0 and
Mac OS X 10.3.9.  Can anyone tell us what's going on?