Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Errors with temporary tables

Hi Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:

The first of these looks like the same problem we've seen reported
before of a table's rowtype not getting dropped when the table is
dropped.

I'm a newbie with PG and i do not understand the meaning of "a table's rowtype not getting dropped when the table is
dropped."

Is this a failure of us or PG(8.1.0)?
Is there a way to solve/workaround this error?

If this error occurs, what happens to the SQL query? Is it completely processed or aborted?

The second one is new though.  Can you reproduce it?
If so, a debugger backtrace from the errfinish() call would be very
helpful.

Currently we're not able to directly reproduce this strange error. If so it will be posted.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Jens