Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "invalid page header in block 597621 of relation..."error

On 24/11/05 5:27 pm, "Adam Witney" <awitney@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24/11/05 5:28 pm, "Tom Lane" <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Adam Witney <awitney@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>> Does this help identifying what went wrong?
>>
>> At this point I think there's no question that your filesystem is
>> dropping blocks :-(.  Might want to check for available kernel updates,
>> or contemplate changing to a different filesystem.

Ok I think this problem is not entirely fixed, my backups are failing now
with this:

pg_dump: ERROR:  unexpected chunk number 5153 (expected 21) for toast value
245334402
pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "measured_bioassay_base"
failed: PQendcopy() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  unexpected chunk number 5153
(expected 21) for toast value 245334402

measured_bioassay_base is always inserted at the same time as mba_data_base
(the table where I had the problem before) and it has a text field which is
very large.. I guess this is where the TOAST comes in.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks again for any help

Adam

believed to be clean.