Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Weird results when using schemas

Michael Fuhr wrote:
You refer to shs.city.<column> in the select list, but in the from
clause you've aliased shs.city to city.  As the SELECT documentation
says,

  When an alias is provided, it completely hides the actual name
  of the table or function; for example given FROM foo AS f, the
  remainder of the SELECT must refer to this FROM item as f not foo.

Michael,

Thanks a lot for your very helpful answer (thanks to Stephan Szabo as well). I've now changed my query as per your indications and indeed it works ok.

Best regards,
Geert