Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Incomplete Startup Packet

Markus Wollny wrote:

We're getting "incomplete startup packet" messages in our logfiles due to some sort of system probe run by our service provider which checks if PG is still running. In our case they're harmless of course. Are you sure that you're not running something along those lines, too?

Ah, in fact, that is the case. We have Nagios running which checks to see if postgres is still up. It very well may be that this is the cause of the messages. Thank you.

Mott

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq