Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Rebranding PostgreSQL

Education is the best way to go. How are you going to slide in postgres? "Hey guys, we can get rid of all your diverse databases and replace them with this black box I found here." Sooner or later your anti-OSS friends are going to find out you tricked them, and what happens then?

If your clients have serious concerns with open source, address them. If they don't, call them on it. If they're in charge (and clients often are) and they insist on paying money for inferior software, show them what it will really cost them. If they still want to pay - hey, it's not your money that's being wasted.