Search Postgresql Archives

pg_restore errors

After upgrading from postgres 7.x.x to 8.1.0, my database restore produces the following error msgs. The database is quite pedestrian: a dozen or so tables, couple of triggers, some comments, &c. Note that even though I get the following errors, a '\dt+' returns the comment strings. Are the errors ignorable? Should I be concerned?

Thanks again!
Scott

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3; 0 2200 COMMENT SCHEMA public postgres pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: must be owner of schema public
    Command was: COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges could be revoked
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges were granted
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1

MacOSX v10.4.2
PostgreSQL v8.1.0

The dump was created using the following cmd-line:

    pg_dump -Ft -b -v dbname  > dumpname.tar

      match