Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Schemas shown in ODBC

Claus Scherschel wrote:

I've just upgraded from Postgres 8.0.1 to 8.1. For testing purposes I'm
using a MS Access Frontend connected by ODBC. This worked fine until I
switched to the new ODBC-Driver (the Unicode-version). When I try to
connect to some new tables, the ODBC-Driver shows tables from the
information_schema only.

same here
Acc2K on Win2K
Someone on the ODBC-list said Acc2K is not affected on WinXP.
StarOffice8 on Win2K doesn't show this issue either.

You could easily link your tables by a little VBA script within Acc2K even though linking by dialog won't be possible.

************
Public Sub LinkTable()
   Const strSchema As String = "public"
Const strTblInt As String = "tblTest" ' name of table within Access Const strTblExt As String = "t_test" ' name of table within Postgres

   Dim db As DAO.Database
   Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef

   Set db = CurrentDb()
   Set tdf = db.CreateTableDef(strTblInt)