Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Transactions, Triggers and Error Messages

Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> What are you running this in? ISTM this is a problem with bad structure
> of client-side code, not something to be fixed on the server side.
>
> 			regards, tom lane

I'm using pgAdmin3. Basically when I run the query the first time it gives the correct error but if I re-run it, then it says "ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block". Should I be doing something else, ie should I be explicitly rolling back once the exception is raised so I don't get this error? And if so how can I "catch" the exception. Sorry for my ignorance :(