Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ident client authentication

Paul Hide wrote:
I have a problem with ident client authentication.
My server is debian sarge, pg version is 7.4.7, apache 2.0.54, mod_python
2.3. A python script is placed on the server and runs under mod_python in
apache.

However, if i have
local all jim ident sameuser
I get FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user jim, via mod-python debug
and in postgres log.

jim is both a unix user (linux) and a postgres user.

Is this what would be expected?
How can I make ident authentication work?

At a guess, your Python script is running as the same user as your webserver (usually apache/www-data/nobody or similar). This is why the "ident sameuser" isn't working.

You'll either need to log in as the webserver user, or use password authentication.

Any help would be appreciated, including where this message should be posted
if this list is inappropriate.

This list is fine.

HTH

--