Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Programmatic method to determine currently installed

Will Wright wrote:

Hi Magnus, thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately I still have an issue with this regsitry
identification method because I'd like to code my
installer so that it can also identify the postreSQL
versions that were not available at the time I
authored my install check, i.e. future versions.

You could issue a "SELECT version()" - that is about as definitive as you can get.

Don't forget you'll need to cope with the case where a user has 2 or more versions of PostgreSQL running on the same machine. I'm not sure it's safe to assume only one installation.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd