Search Postgresql Archives

Re: md5 hash on table row

Michael Fuhr <mike@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> I just noticed that record_out(foo) works only in 8.1.  When I have
> more time I'll see if it's possible in earlier versions.

Probably not :-(

	* src/backend/parser/parse_coerce.c: Allow implicit cast from any
	named composite type to RECORD.  At the moment this has no
	particular use except to allow table rows to be passed to
	record_out(), but that case seems to be useful in itself per recent
	example from Elein.  Further down the road we could look at letting
	PL functions be declared to accept RECORD parameters.

			regards, tom lane