Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL, Mac OS X and locales

On 02.11.2005, at 11:47 Uhr, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

Ah you noticed that. Yes, many of the UTF-8 locales in FreeBSD simply
point to the ASCII versions which doesn't exactly work very well.

Right.

Only another FreeBSD system, these files are not portable. However, the
source files for these are plain text so you can edit them. I beleive
the source is in the C library. Find the source files, edit them and
recompile. Then just copy the LC_COLLATE file over.

I have to look how to do this. I have build locales a very long time ago, but currently I'm looking where to start ... perhaps with the Darwin sources. We will see.

You might also want to look at some of the other predefined locale
collate orders, maybe someone has put some effert in getting an order
right for another language.

I tried a lot of them and the all didn't work for me.

cug