Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres?

On 11/1/05, Welty, Richard <richard.welty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Scott Marlowe writes:
> > and PostgreSQL enjoys a MUCH richer and easier to use
> >set of utilities.  I find psql to be much much easier to drive than
> >oracle's SQL*PLus, which makes my head hurt.
>
> i have to use the informix dbaccess tool here at the day job a lot.
> hate it. psql is so much nicer...
>
> i do not have fond memories of SQL*Plus, either.

Yes, sqlplus looks especially bad once you're used to banging around
in psql.  Although, I recently discovered rlwrap (a generic readline
wrapper) which makes sqlplus almost tolerable.  It's the best thing to
happen to sqlplus since... well, since "quit" I suppose.

http://www.dizwell.com/oracle/articles/cli_history.html

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq