Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Disappearing Records

Do you have any cascading deletes that could be doing this by performing a delete on a different table and cascading to the table in question?

Terry

Rory Browne wrote:
Hi all

What is the first thing you would do, when you find that your system
has been losing information? Information is there at one stage, and
later it's not.

I tried checking the logs, but there isn't a delete or drop there
anywhere, nor anything else that seems relevent. I tried googling for
various rewordings of "PostgreSQL disappearing records", but didn't
get anything useful.

Since this isn't something I can recreate, I'm not sure what to do about it.

The fact that I never really used PostgreSQL that much before may be a
hindering factor, but I can't think why information would just
mysteriously disappear.

Regards
Rory

               http://archives.postgresql.org