Search Postgresql Archives

pg_dump fails when it gets to table containing bytea

Could anyone suggest something that we can check to ascertain why pg_dumps fail?  The pg_dump for our database just started to fail this week.  Dumps of the same database succeeded just last week.  Moreover, we can create a new database using the database (that we are trying to dump) as a template and the data is copied into the new database.

We are getting the following error message whe we run “pg_dump -Ft <database name> > database.tar”:

pg_dump: ERROR:  canceling query due to user request

pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "blob" failed: PQendcopy() fa

iled.

pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  canceling query due to user request

pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.blob (prtnbr, bkey, bdsc, btypnbr, bcrtdte

, bcrttme, bcrtusr, bflepath, bflenam, bfleext, bsetnbr, cblob) TO stdout;