Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting

Gregory Youngblood  wrote:
>Is corruption a problem? I don't think so - but I want to make sure I haven't had my
>head in the sand for a while. :) I realize this instance appears to be on Windows,
>which is relatively new as a native Windows program. I'm really after the answer on
>more mature platforms (including Linux).

crappy disk drives and bad windows file systems, nothing more. postgresql is
rather corruption free when the surrounding hardware and software environments
are well chosen.

if you do have to use cheap disk drives/controllers, then a battery backup
unit that shuts the server down automagically is a really really good idea.
getting that IDE cache flushed is pretty high on the priority list.

richard