Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Anyone know of a Schema Comparer

On 25.10.2005 08:19, Paul Newman wrote:
We have looked at EMS comparer and few others but all seem to compare one entire db with another.

We had the same problem. EMS DB comparer has this limitation, but it's probably the best tool out there. We solved it be wrapping the command line version in a little script, that dumps the DDL (no data) of the two schemas and loads them into a sync_from and sync_to database. Not pretty, but works well.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath