Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Restoring Database created on windows on FreeBSD

On 19.10.2005 08:23, postgresql@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I excluded
/cube and /mysql from the MakeFile (cube seemed to be failing and why
would I want mysql stuff on PostgreSQL?). I then did a gmake install. All
contribs seemed to install fine. I reran the restore on a clean DB and
most of the errors went away, but I am still getting errors all related to
system functions looking for '$libdir/admin'.

Does anyone know what I could have missed here?

You executed the belonging SQL scripts for the contrib stuff?

Anyway, I'd strongly recommend to only install contrib stuff you actually plan to use and not clutter up your installation with all and everything..

Chose the stuff you need, gmake install it, execute the belonging SQL against template1 and preferable use the custom binary dump format, as it is much more flexible on restore..

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath

      match