Search Postgresql Archives

Re: server , client encoding issue

surabhi.ahuja wrote:
when i connect to it it shows: server_encoding : LATIN9
and client_encoding: LATIN9
from where did it get these values

From your environment - the machine is presumably defaulting to some locale that uses LATIN9 for it's character-set.

i want them to be UNICODE.
please help ( i know there is a workaround to this problem - /usr/bin/createdb -E UNICODE temp ) but this is happening at a particular machine . On other machines it is UNICODE.

It's not really a workaround - I always specify encoding for the databases I create (precisely to avoid this sort of problem).

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

      match