Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase

> Stupid question here ... if Oracle came at us with "the Software Patent
> crap", is there any "reasonable time" provided to remove it?  We've
> already shown in the past that that isn't a big hurdle, with the ARC
> stuff, so am just curiuos as to how big a thing the Patent stuff is, or
> does even that fall under 'temporary setback / inconvience'?

That may depend on what's been patented.  In my opinions (and more
importantly in the eyes of more than a few intellectual property attorneys)
the patent office has granted some very dubious software patents, and a
deep pockets patent holder would probably have the upper hand wielding them.
--
Mike Nolan