Search Postgresql Archives

Re: db size reporting

jeff sacksteder wrote:

I'm going to be working with some rather large datasets and I want to evaluate the effects of normalization/denormalization on disk space. Is there a simple way to find the size on disk of a specific database? To do so with the operating system is rather crude, since it know nothing about what proportion of the cluster area is allocated for each database.

look for the dbsize utils in the contrib.