Search Postgresql Archives

Re: fine tuned database dump/reload?

Dan Armbrust wrote:
Bricklen Anderson wrote:

pg_dump --help
  -n, --schema=SCHEMA      dump the named schema only
  -s, --schema-only        dump only the schema, no data
  -t, --table=TABLE        dump the named table only

Just after I sent the e-mail, I realized that I forgot that I saw that option - but on my first reading of the description (and being and annoying user who didn't try it first) it didn't appear that it would allow me to specify more than one table.

But I tested it, and it does let me specify the -t command more than once. So that gets me past that issue.

Dan

Now I'm just filling the mailing list with mis-information. It actually ignores all but the last -t flag - so this only allows me to specify one table at a time, rather than several tables.

I need to write up my use case so the maintainers can see why I want to be able to dump things in such a specific way - its not for backup purposes - so I'm kind of misusing the intent of the tool. More info in a bit.

Dan

--
Daniel Armbrust

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster