Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

IIRC the last time this was brought up it was violently shot-down on
-hackers (and the fact that bugzilla didn't directly support PostgreSQL
back then had nothing to do with it).

Yep, but you never know. Someday it just may happen. The community got Linus to stop using his email box for patches, maybe someday we will get there too.

Just as a suggestion/thought ... *if* you have the resources (or someone else wants to step up to it), why not setup the bug tracker, work with the -www guys on having the 'bug submission' stuff feed into it, and get a liason in place between it and -hackers? put the structure into place, get ppl used to submitting/using it, and over time, it might be easier to get the developers themselves to use it vs having a middle man?

There may be some developers that will go over relatively easily *once* its in place, and others that stay resistent to it for awhile ...

I have thought about that, however I would at least at some level want a blessing. For example, if we did that would we do it with
pgFoundry bug tracking? Or would we use Trac? Or Bugzilla?

If we got some interest in a particular direction then I bet some people (including us) would step up.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

----
Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org) Email: scrappy@xxxxxxx Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664