Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Oracle buys Innobase

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
Stupid question, but what does MySQL bring to the equation?

MySQL brings to the table an impressive AI interface that knows what you
really meant to do and thus does away with those pesky error messages.

After all, who wants to be told that 0000-00-00 is not a date, or that
you tried to insert a value of 70000 into a SMALLINT column?

  Why not
just use PostgreSQL in the first place?