Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Oracle buys Innobase

Hi

That is terrific news being a former employee of MySQL - Oracle buys Innobase. I was never a fan of MySQL, personally but when Marten Mikos and the rest of the business wonks joined the Company I knew then it was time to get out. I met the author of Innobase once at the first MySQL employees meeting. I was asked what for an opinion on Heikki Tuuri. I came straight to point and told Monty and David (Axmark) that Heikki Tuuri can not be trusted. It seems I was right. Mr Tuuri has no interest in supporting the OS commumity. His only interest is in making money. My gut feeling now is that eventually Oracle will buy off Innobase lock stock and barell Then Innonbase will get consigned to File 13. I now see MySQL heading for a long slow death; it couldn't happen to a nicer group of people :) Thank God for PostreSQL