Search Postgresql Archives

New Point Releases Now Available

In order to address several issues identified since our last Point Releases, we have just released the following new versions of PostgreSQL: 7.3.11, 7.4.9 and 8.0.4.

  A few of the more prominent fixes across all three versions are:

      - Fix error that allowed "VACUUM" to remove ctid chains too soon
      - Fix missing rows in queries like UPDATE a=... WHERE a... with GiST
        index on column a
      - Improve checking for partially-written WAL pages
      - Various memory leakage fixes

For a complete list of fixes in each release, please see the HISTORY file.

  Source downloads are available at the following URLs:

        http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v7.3.11

        http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v7.4.9

        http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.0.4

  Linux/Windows Binaries for 8.0.4 are available via:

        http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.0.4

These Point Releases do not require a dump/reload from the previous Point, but *may* require one if upgrading from an earlier version. Please see the Release Notes to confirm procedures for upgrading if your current version is older then 1 Point Release.

Marc G. Fournier
PostgreSQL Core Team

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend