Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Backend crash with user defined aggregate

Tom Lane wrote:

Hmm.  Now that I look at it again, that message implies that something
sent SIGTERM to the backend.  You need to figure out where that signal
is coming from and why.  ...
is it possible that you've started your postmaster with finite limits
on process runtime?  What is the platform exactly, anyway?

Thanks. That's something for me to look into monday.  I don't think
there was a process runtime, but there might have been a memory limit.
The platform was a SuSE 9.1 on x86 but with so many updates & upgrades
from so many sources (rpm, apt, rcd, yast, tar.gz) that it's hard to
tell what it really is anymore.   Monday I'll try to reproduce on a
cleaner system and/or look for the SIGTERM with strace or something.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq