Search Postgresql Archives

Questions about Rollback - after insert, update, delete ... operations?

greetings,

I remembered I read something in the mailing list about "*rollback*" a while ago. People mentioned that some operations cannot rollback.
I cannot remember what kinds of perations are not be able to rollback?

For example,

begin
   ... ...
   insert
   ... ...
   delete
   ... ...
   update
   ... ...
/* If any of the above operation failed, we can rollback all the above operations? */
   rollback
   ... ...
end

Will all "Insert, delete, update" operations rollback if any of the operations fails?

Thanks a lot!
Emi

      match