Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Win32 Backup and Restore of large databases.

Howard Cole wrote:

On a Win32 machine, can I backup a database if the backup file exceeds 2GB? In linux, I can split the backup file into multiple files. Can this be done on Win32?

Regards

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com

I am not sure, but I thought the max file size on NT and up systems was 4gb, not 2gb. Also newer versions of Linux should not have the 2gb limitation.(that was a limit imposed on the 2.x kernel) This of course does not mean that the Postgresql code was ever updated to allow larger files.
--

Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com