Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Asychronous database replication

> The requirements scream ASP model except that this system needs to be
> functional for disaster management where it's likely there won't be any
> communications.  At least, that's the constraint I've been given.

I'm not an expert on this, but just kicking around the idea, the approach I
think I'd look into:

- clients don't access the database directly

- there's a middleware layer and clients make higher-level RPC-type calls
whose semantics more closely match the client functionality

- then those calls can be logged and replicated...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq