Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Setting date format for a single output column?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 02:12:34AM +0200, Michael Schuerig wrote:

> I'd like to get date columns in the results of a query in the
> appropriate format (EUROPEAN, GERMAN). I've tried to set DATESTYLE and
> it works as far as PgSQL is concerned. Unfortunately, though, this
> confuses the date parsing of the O/R-Mapper I'm using[*]. Is there a way
> to set the date style/format on a per column basis for the result
> returned by a SELECT statement?

You could SET datestyle just before issuing the query (so it's not a
per-column answer, but per-query), or use the to_char() function instead
of using the default output.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"Aprende a avergonzarte más ante ti que ante los demás" (Demócrito)