Search Postgresql Archives

locale and encoding

Hello,

I´m looking for information about "locale" and character set encoding. I searched the mailing lists and found many, many information, mainly issues about performance.

I´m worried about our cluster locale and database enconding setting. They´re pt_BR and SQL_ASCII respectively. I would like to change them to C and LATIN1 but I don´t know what might the side effects of that be?

As I could understand LOCALE is used to determine the order of characters and it can´t be changed because indexes depend on it.

Thanks in advance!

Henrique

Yahoo! Messenger com voz: PROMOÇÃO VOCÊ PODE LEVAR UMA VIAGEM NA CONVERSA. Participe!