Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Embed PostgreSQL in application

There is no reason why you couldn't just use Inno setup to include the setup of your app and Postgresql in a single setup. I do something similar with Firebird for a IM server with Inno setup, I do not use the embedded "dll" version of Firebird either.

I plan to create a Inno setup for the win32 version of Postgres at some point, IMO the windows installer that is currently used is overly cryptic unless you use something like Wise Windows installer.

Inno is a great choice, wish Postgresql used it instead of the windows installer.

http://www.jrsoftware.org

Lukas Demetz wrote:

Hi there,

for a program I am building, which uses PostgreSQL as its backend, I want to embed the DB engine into the application's setup. Now I wonder if something like Firebird's "Embedded server" (a DLL ) is also available for PostgreSQL, or if there are other ways to minimize or remove completely the need for a user to install PostgreSQL on his own.

Thanks for the responses

--
Lukas Demetz
Digiem Snc