Search Postgresql Archives

FAQ/Documentation about Postgresql on Windows XP

Hello everyone,
I have been looking for a tutorial on setting up Postgresql on a Windows
XP machine.  I'm currently doing development on my home machine.
Eventually we'll have Postgresql on a Windows server, but we want to try
out and test code on a local machine before going live.

I've found some tutorials about using Postgresql in the Cygwin emulation,
but we want to run Postgresql natively.  I need to use some of the forms
and reporting functions in the EMS PostgreSQL manager.

Can anyone point me to some tutorials or documentation that can help me
figure out how to set up and use Postgresql on a local, stand alone,
Windows XP machine?

Thanks in Advance,
Adam

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend