Search Postgresql Archives

Re: About "ERROR: must be *superuser* to COPY to or from a file"

Well, they would have access to every world readable file on the
system, ie /etc, /usr, /lib, ... most files are world readable. There's
a lot of discussion about this, yet no-one has demonstrated that COPY
FROM STDIN isn't just as good and avoids all the issues entirely.

Well they're world-readable. So, uh, huh?

I haven't completely followed the details of this, but I took the point to be that the files might be readable for anyone with a real account on the server machine, but that doesn't mean they should be accessible to every remote DB user.

- John Burger
  MITRE