Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [OT?] ETL tools

On Aug 24, 2005, at 6:00 AM, Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:

2005/8/24, Robert Treat <xzilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Wednesday 24 August 2005 03:50, Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:

Googling a bit I have discovered that what I probably need is an ETL
(extract, transform and load) tool, preferably open sourced and very
PostgreSQL friendly... does anybody on this list have experience with
such kind of tools? Would anybody recommend anything? Maybe I could
try another approach?

You might want to take a look at kettle, which is part of the bizgres package. I haven't used it but it seemed pretty flexible when I saw the demo at oscon,
and there certainly pg friendly.
http://www.bizgres.org/pages.php?pg=downloads

I knew about that, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any
version for Windows (I develop in Windows :o( ) and I neither have
find anywhere to download just the ketl tool instead of the whole
bizgres server... if I don't find anything else I may try to download
the Linux version and give it a try...

I'm pretty sure that the ketl tool is written in Java, so it should run on Windows. Just download the source tarball, it's in there, you don't have to install everything.

-bob

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster