Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to cancel a query if SIGINT does not work?

On 19/8/05 6:20 pm, "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 06:10:28PM +0100, Adam Witney wrote:
>>> If you get a pile of purely numeric output from bt, it's useless
>>> (means you're running symbol-stripped executables).  I'm hoping
>>> for at least some function names.
>
> [trace below]
>
> That's not stuck, somebody has typed COPY FROM STDIN and not sent any
> data (or not finished it). Should be able to Ctrl-C it though. Are you
> sure you have the right backend?
>
> Closing the frontend attached to it should do...

Ah.... Its a web application... I assumed that because the browser had been
closed that the query must have hung. But just restarted the apache server
and that cancelled it, so apache must have kept the query running despite
the user closing the browser.

Sorry I probably should have thought of that!

Thanks for your help Tom and Martijn

Adam

believed to be clean.

       match