Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [BUGS] BUG #1830: Non-super-user must be able to copy from a

Oliver Jowett <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It sounds like what you really want is the ability to grant something
> like FILE access without granting all superuser rights? Sounds like a
> feature request, not a bug, to me :-)

AFAICT, the complaint really boils down to there not being any support
for COPY-from-client in the JDBC driver.  Which is definitely a feature
request, but not one directed to the server geeks ;-)

What is the story on JDBC COPY support, anyway?  I'm aware that there's
an unofficial patch for that, but I'm not clear about why it's not made
it into the accepted version.

			regards, tom lane

       match