Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Poll on your LAPP Preferences

brew@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Mike.....

If I can improve this process, then a developer can download my web app,
try it out rapidly, comparing it against others, and hopefully decide on
mine because I have made it easy to get started and easy to customize to
their tastes.

If it's a Linux-Apache-PHP-PostgreSQL web app you only need one user, the
one your PHP script logs in as.  Then maybe you could put the same
randomly generated password in both postgres and the PHP script.
Who says? I sometimes require that the PHP app logs into the database with the username/password suppled by the user. This makes it easier to manage permissions. Of course you cannot use connection pooling in this case without a partial rewrite of your app...

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend