Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Slow Inserts on 1 table?

John D. Burger wrote:
The only annoyance is that the interface I use most often, Python's
pgdb, runs everything in a transaction, and you can't analyze in a
transaction.

Hm?  We've allowed ANALYZE inside a transaction for a long time.

I'm stuck with using 7.2, for now, and I get this:

  ERROR:  ANALYZE cannot run inside a BEGIN/END block

I'll be happy to find out that this restriction's been removed in later versions.

Your running 7.2? That is all kinds of level of... huh? Why?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

- John D. Burger
  MITRE