Search Postgresql Archives

Check postgres compile-time options

Hello,

I have an old binary RPM distribution of Postgres (7.1.2), and I am trying to switch from the proprietary interface to the ODBC interface so that I can upgrade my servers to a more up-to-date version. In trying to get the ODBC installed on my test system, I've run into the problem that I need to know if my binary distribution of PostgreSQL was configured with the --enable-odbc option, and I can't seem to find out how to do that. I could've sworn I'd seen in the list how to display how postgres was compiled, but I've been searching the list archives for about an hour or more, and I can't find it. I'm sure that within minutes, someone will point out the specific email that has it.

The documentation also says that I could go into the source tree (src/interfaces/odbc) and type make ; make install, but I can't find that directory structure anywhere on my system. The documentation that told me about this is the programmers reference for 7.1.2

These are the postgreSQL packages that are installed, and below are the odbc packages installed. I know this is an old version, but as I said, I need to switch my software to odbc to upgrade, because just upgrading postgres breaks the software that I've written.

#rpm -q -a | grep -i postgres
postgresql-server-7.1.2-19mdk
postgresql-libs-7.1.2-19mdk
postgresql-perl-7.1.2-19mdk