Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL, Lazarus and zeos ?

thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Trewern" <ben.trewern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 7:33 PM
Subject: Re:  PostgreSQL, Lazarus and zeos ?

You need the cvs version of zeoslib to work with Lazarus.  It's also the
6.5.something version.  The old 5.x only worked with Delphi.  See the
Lazarus forums for more information.

Ben

""Zlatko Matić"" <zlatko.matic1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi.

Someone mentioned Lazarus as good IDE for working with PostgreSQL, so
that's the reason I started to learn Lazarus...

Now, I was told that I need to install ZEOS library in order to work with
PostgreSQL.
I downloaded the following .zip files: zeosdbo-5.0.7-beta,
zeosctrl-1.0.0-beta. I have installed Lazarus 0.9.8 (binaries) on WIndows
XP.

It seems that these zeos files are intended to be for Delphi, not for
Lazarus ?
What am I supposed to do now ? How to install it ?

Is it really neccessary to instal Zeos in order to work with PostgreSQL?

Sorry for stupid questions, but this is totaly new stuff for me...

Thanks in advance,

Zlatko

      match

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend