Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Quotation marks in queries

Tony Caduto wrote:
The easiest solution is just not to use caps or spaces in your table/object names, there is no advantage to doing so. People just need to get over the fact that having caps in a name make it easier to read.

My Test Table should be my_test_table, the naming makes no difference to the application using the table.

Same thing with ordering of fields in a table, it makes no difference other than for looks if the fields are in the order you want them
to be in.

It is much more of a pain to qoute your sql than it is to have it look nice.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

The problem we have is that we want to migrate to postgresql from our current sql server db, but the problem with caps requiring quotes around them makes this a far from easy migration.