Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to find the number of rows deleted

On Jul 18, 2005, at 7:00 AM, Andrus wrote:

I ran DELETE command from my ODBC client application.
I want to get the number of rows deleted by this DELETE command.

I read the DELETE command docs but havent found any function.

Any idea ?

I don't use ODBC, but you should get that directly back from the DELETE command. Is there not a way to get the command return value with your ODBC driver?

From the DELETE docs:

Outputs

On successful completion, a DELETE command returns a command tag of the form

DELETE count
The count is the number of rows deleted. If count is 0, no rows matched the condition (this is not considered an error).

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL