Search Postgresql Archives

Re: foreign key constraints and inheritence

Hi,

>"A serious limitation of the inheritance feature is that indexes
>(including unique constraints) and foreign key constraints only
>apply to single tables, not to their inheritance children.  This
>is true on both the referencing and referenced sides of a foreign
>key constraint."

I would realy like to see this fixed. But I guess if it was easy then someone would already have fixed it...

It's on the developers' TODO list.  I'm sure a patch would be welcome :-)

I wish I knew enough about the internals of PostgreSQL to write one :-)
Sander