Search Postgresql Archives

Re: problem after restoring a backup database on a different

Hi Scott

i don't know, i do just the exact thing, with exact users and one the other pc (where the db is not original created, + tried on 3 different pc) it is not working.

i can restore the database, the tables and data is there, but i cannot use the tables

i can connect to the database itself, but when i try to run an easy sql statement as select * from table, i recieve:

relation "table" does not exist

if it had to do with the user, i wouldn't be able to restore the database, right?

do you think it has to do with the schema? (wich i do not know what you mean by this, i ame a novice to PostGreSQL) if so, can you help me what i can do to check this?

greetZ

wes

Scott Ribe schreef:

do you have any idea what i do wrong or what can be going wrong?

Something to do with difference re database user or schema???

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq