Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Windows version of PostgreSQL 8?

Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

How stable is the windows version of pgsql 8? Is it as stable as the Linux version or
should I look elsewehere after a good sql srv for Windows?

This is a tough question to answer and you will probably get a wide range or responses. Many people on these lists believe that PostgreSQL on Windows will never "good enough" because Windows itself is not "good enough". That said, from the noises I have heard the Windows port works well. It's still the 1st release so only time will truly tell just how solid it is, but we haven't heard of to many problems. What are you looking todo? I might not be willing to run a bank on the windows port, but I would surely run a simple web app.

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster