Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 7.3.2 closing connections, sometimes

> felix@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> This is a SOAP server, Apache with mod_perl, connecting to Postgres
>> via DBI/DBD::Pg.  Sometimes it gets in a mood, for want of a better
>> term, where a specific SQL statement fails with the good ole message
>> "server closed the connection unexpectedly".  It will fail like this

The specific statement being what exactly?

Bruce Momjian <pgman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> This message is from the backend exiting abruptly.  Is isn't an "ERROR"
> as we define it for logging purposes.  That's why there is nothing in
> the logs.

Nonetheless I'd expect there to be at least a postmaster complaint about
a crashed backend --- assuming that that's what's going on.  Do the
other active connections get forcibly closed when this happens?

			regards, tom lane

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq